May 6, 2012

French Poppies Tutorial !

Hello!
Why is the weekend always so short ?? I hate that :P
I have another tutorial prepared for you today! Wait a minute ... 2 tutorials in a row?! Whoa! Now everybody who requested tutorials should be happy :D Let's see what we need for this manicure:
A dotting tool, bobby pin or tooth pick and one of this wider Nail Art brushes.If you don't have such a brush, I bet you could use the brush from the polish, since the flower we're doing is big and doesn't have to be perfect.
Let's start with the step-by-step tutorial!
1.) Apply the base of your french, a nude or clear polish, or nothing at all. Just do it, how you prefer it. I used 2 coats of O.P.I. Nail Envy.
2.) Do the french tip with a white polish. If you don't know how to do this step, I'm sure you find some tutorials on Youtube on how to do a french mani ;) I made mine a little bit to thick, but we cover up more than a half of it, so it doesn't have to be perfect! :D
3.) Now take the wide brush and a red polish and do the first petal of the flower. I like to start with the middle one, but you can also start at the side. Do it a bit diagonal and messy! The petal doesn't have to be perfectly round or with straight lines!
You get the hang of it after a few times ;)
4.) Now do the other 2 petals on the sides. To create the petal I kinda dab the brush onto the nail. The wider your brush the bigger the petals!
5.) After doing the same thing one more time, the red blobs start to look like a flower right? :D
6.) The red I used wasn't very opaque so I added another coat of red polish.
7.) Now add a green blob at the center of the flower, using the brush of the polish or a dotting tool.
8.) Add some random brown spots with a dotting tool ...
9.) ... and some black dots.
10.) As always, finish off the design with one coat of TC and you're done! ;)

Actually you could skip step 7 & 8 and just add the black dots, it would have the same effect. :P 
You can do this as an accent nail or as a full mani, like I did: 

Tomorrow I have something exciting to show you! Well, at least it's exciting for me :D 
Thanks for reading and have a good night! :* 

26 comments:

  1. Ohh I'm excited about tomorrow :P

    The tutorial is amazing. I love the result! Oh This would be perfect for graduation nail art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I bet it would look amazing!

      Delete
  2. The tutorial is great but I still don't think I can do it as pretty as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Just try and you eventually will :)

      Delete
  3. my poppies always suck so this is a great idea! thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tutorial, miss! you make it look so easy, the way all of yours turned out identical! (;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad I can help with these tutorials :D

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the tutorial, this manicure is great. I'll try it one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! And thanks, I would love to see that :)

      Delete
  7. Imi plac florile. :) Multiumesc pentru tutorial!
    Ai un premiu la mine! :9
    http://vaniliamamor.blogspot.com/2012/05/tell-me-about-yourself-award.html
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tutorials!! This one is so pretty. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you all like these tutorials! I will definitely do more ;)
      Can't wait to see your recreation!!

      Delete
  9. Ohh brilliant! Thank you for the great tutorial, very clear! Will have to try these sometime soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. woooowww !!!! this is just wonderfull!!! thanks for this tutorial!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love poppies, my favourite flower. Beautiful nails!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried doing it just off the pic n it did not turn it too good. I'm do glad u put up a step by step. I'm wearing a red dress to my bf's bro's wedding this coming up weekend n I think this will look great! I love doing my own nails, its kind of my ”thing” lol thx a bunch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! It think it will look awesome with your red dress! I'd love to see a picture of the mani ;)

      Delete

Hello you, yes you! I love reading your comments, so don't be shy, just leave me one ;)