May 6, 2012

How to apply Water Decals !

Hello, my dear followers! 
Here is the promised tutorial on how to apply Water Decals :) Let's start:

1.) Take the sheet with the decals and cut out as many pieces as you want to use for your manicure. Make sure to remove the clear foil covering the sheet. 
2.) Fill a little bowl with water and put the pieces you cut out earlier in there.
3.) Now you can polish your nails with a color of your choice, while you wait for the Decal to come off the paper. After 5-10 minutes take some tweezers and take out the paper with the image on it. You can use your hands too of course :P 
4.) With your finger, slightly slide of the image from the paper. If it doesn't work, put it back in the water for a few more minutes. 
5.) Now you can place it on one of your nails. Don't worry, you don't have to place it perfectly because you can move it around, while it's still wet. :) 
6.) I didn't place it as near to the cuticle as I would like, so I just used my finger to put it in place. Like I said, as long as it's wet you can move it around on your nail. Make sure that your polish is almost dry before you apply the Water Decal, so that you don't mess it up :) 
Add 1 coat of TC and you are done!

Pretty easy right?? :D 
Here is my end result again: 

As always I hope it was helpful and see ya tomorrow with the french poppies tutorial! ;) 

Good night blogging-world!

10 comments:

  1. ooh awesome! i like how you can still move it around while it's wet, makes it more forgiving for people who are new at it! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really is awesome! I was so glad when I first used them. Makes them really easy to handle :)

      Delete
  2. what a helpful tutorial! Thank you so much for making this - now I think I'm ready to try it out myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm so glad I could help :D You're welcome!

      Delete
  3. Yep, looks very easy. I really must try the ones I was given about 2 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome! Makes me wanna Go buy some! Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the silver pops against the black! Such a gorgeous manicure :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello you, yes you! I love reading your comments, so don't be shy, just leave me one ;)