May 13, 2012

Shimmer Gradient

Hey there beautiful people!! 

I am so sorry for not posting for a whole week! :( I was crazy busy and I started studying for all my exams in June and I kinda neglected my blog... I think I have to catch up on more than 1000 posts !! =))) That will be fun :D 
I wanna show you the mani I wore for 4 days! Since I took it off on Friday, I had naked nails though. OMG, naked nails!?!?? Yeees, I don't like it either, but I didn't had the time to put on some paint. :P 

Here is the shimmer gradient with purple and turquoise!
I used Catrice - Forget-Me-Not and Avon - Sequined Turquoise. It's not that visible in the photos but in real life the gradient was so much better!! Those two polishes/colors are my absolute favorite ones of all times and I thought I could combine them. I have to tell you though: I wasn't sure at first, if they would go well together. But I was amazed at the end result!! 
I used the sponging technique from Sammy @The Nailasaurus .. that's how it looked before clean-up: 
Pure chaos =)) But after clean-up: 
That's better :P That's also the most accurate picture :) *sigh* I adore it! I could wear this every single day from now on! But I won't .. I have other pretties in my stash that want to be on my nails =)) 

Do you like gradients? What color combos do you like?? 

Have a good night and thanks for reading!! 
*muah* 

42 comments:

  1. OMG i LOVE this mani!!! gorgeous as always darling :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous! I love the turquoise. I'm not surprised you kept it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gradients! This one is so seamless and beautiful - great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh this is a beauty of a combination, I don't think I've ever seen a gradient like this before, the shimmers make it look so perty :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you!! I'm really into shimmery gradients now :D

      Delete
  5. This is stunning - you also have such lovely nails!

    http://maligreen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing gradient!! SO beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Any gradient featuring purple is one I like :-)
    Good luck studying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I'm glad you like it! ;)
      And thank you! I'll need it :P

      Delete
  8. Very beautiful. Love the color combination. I adore this tehnique, because it's easy and it gaves such a gorgeous efect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Especially with Sammy's technique it is sooo easy :) And thank you ;)

      Delete
  9. Very nice indeed. I like gradients, but I haven't done any myself yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!! It's very easy and the result is amazing ;) And thank you! :)

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous - great choice of polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cool! Apparently, Sammy has started a new trend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really beautiful gradient and luckily I also have those two polishes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks so cool! Bit like the universe :DDD

    could you please do a tutorial on gradients? I always love them but I have no idea how to do them by myself^^

    xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uuh, I like how you're thinking :D thank you! ;)

      I could do a tutorial but until I manage to do one, you should check out Sammy's tutorial on gradients! It's awesome! I linked it above in the post ;)
      xoxo!

      Delete
  14. LOVE. I've been kind of meh about gradients but now I want to recreate this!! Great choice of colors and your nails are sooooo pretty. Are they longer? Yes I'm a nail stalker and slightly obsessed with yours as they are always perfectly shaped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Kaki, you're definitely one of the sweetest stalker ever! :D Yes, they're longer! I didn't even realize until I saw the pictures on my computer, haha =))

      Delete
  15. These colors are perfect together! Love this gradient :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! Love your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty! It reminds me of fairies for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, fairies have these kind of colors going on on their wings, right? :)
      And thank you!!

      Delete
  18. OMG These are so cool! I need to see if my grrl can do this. Fabulous work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Check out the tutorial, it's pretty easy ;)

      Delete

Hello you, yes you! I love reading your comments, so don't be shy, just leave me one ;)