Jun 15, 2012

Guest Post by Kaki!

It's Friday!! Hooray! :D
Today's Guest Post is written by the awesome Kaki from Glitter Obsession! She's one of the coolest persons I got to know through the blogging-community and I consider her my friend ;) 
I can't wait to see what she will come up with, once we start our Summer Challenge, cause she always has great ideas!! :D Let's see what she prepared for us today: 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone! I'm Kaki from GlitterObsession and I'm taking over Theodora's blog today! I was super excited when she asked if I'd come over for a day and hang out at her place, and I wanted to come up with something special because her pictures are always flawless and her nail art is amazing!

I chose to do a manicure based on a picture I saw recently on Let Them Have Polish. The 2nd from the right caught my eye and I thought, "Wow, that would look awesome on a nail!" That's a completely appropriate thing to think right?


So here is my interpretation:






These pictures do NOT do this mani justice. The glitter is so interesting with texture and depth and sparkles like stars. It was gorgeous!

Products Used:
  • Milani Nail Art Striper Polish in Black Sketch
  • e.l.f. Party Peach
  • LASplash Nail Art Glitter in Conjure
  • Painter's tape
  • Acetone/Brush
  • Seche Vite

I did use a black striper to give me a crisp line of black because I did the glitter first. I also did two coats of top coat after the glitter to smooth it out and to make sure I didn't drag glitter on to the black later.




And just for kicks, here are a few pictures of my trial runs on a nail wheel along with some other color combinations.

A different color combination. I liked it, but it didn't have the same sparkle and depth as using glitter. I used Color Club Jingle Jangle and China Glaze Snow Globe.
Another color combo. Reminds me of Superman. And the orange glitter in the blue makes it look like I was messy with the glitter. Live and learn.
Same color combo, but I did the black first, then the peach on top. Went on well, but the glitter is darker since it's over black polish, and I prefer the glitter to be brighter.
Rookie mistake. I did the orange and glitter first, then went over it with the black. Total texture nightmare. I couldn't smooth it out. Note to self: use glitter as the LAST layer and don't try to paint over it.


One more picture for kicks in the sun! Look at that sparkle!! I think what I love about this glitter for this look is that it has different sized glitter AND different colors so it will sparkle orange and green and gold, which makes it so much more interesting!

I hope ya'll liked what I showed today, and if you did, come on by my place at GlitterObsession and say hi! I'm very friendly, despite what Theo may say about me! O.^ 

Thanks for having me here today Theodora!! Good luck with your exams!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha, I didn't say one bad thing about you! My dear readers, believe me, she is very friendly and you really should go visit her blog :D  Thanks Kaki, I will need the luck! :D
And wow! I love the glitter and the mani looks just like the bathing suit! (or whatever it is :P) Look at all that sparkle! Thank you for showing us the other color combos as well :)

Thank you so, so much for doing this for me and I bet my readers love it, right? ;) Now, that you're done reading, you can go check out her blog and get some inspiration! 

Have a great weekend! 

9 comments:

  1. That is fabulous!! I love the glitter and the black sides really makes the glitter stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! I thought of all sorts of color combos but I loved the original colors because of the contrast!

      Delete
  2. this is an amazing colour combination, it looks perfect!
    And it's something even someone as clumsy as I can do^^

    xoxo Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this :) soo pretty. I love the way the glitter peeps through the black :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks! It does look like the glitter is peeking through. I hadn't even looked at it like that before!

      Delete

Hello you, yes you! I love reading your comments, so don't be shy, just leave me one ;)