Nov 23, 2011

Guest Post from I'm Feeling Nail-Venturous

Well, well here is the third guest post and it´s from Amy from I'm Feeling Nail-Venturous! I bet you know her already! She has such beautiful swatches and she's really creative when it comes to layering polishes ;) Go ahead and visit her blog and then come back here and read her post :D So here it is: 
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone! I'm Amy from I'm Feeling Nail-Venturous. I am so happy to be appearing on Theodora's blog today. I hope you enjoy !
WARNING!!! It is official...My old camera HATES gold polishes. I can't wait to get my new camera back from the shop (broken LCD screen)

Today's post is all about golds! I don't know what my deal was, but I was in the mood to play with gold nail polishes. The photo above shows ONE coat of Color Club Gingerbread Man with no top coat. This is a lovely gold foil polish. I tried stamping with it, but I am undecided on whether it is a good stamping polish or not... as of now, I say no.

The photo below shows one coat of Color Club Gingerbread Man and one coat of Tip Toe (by Old Navy) Gold Dust with one coat of top coat. These photos do not do it justice. This was the perfect amount of bling. It was so gorgeous.
On to the next gold nail polish.... I recently ordered five Ozotic polishes, and one of them was Ozotic 604. The picture below shows two coats of Ozotic 604 with no top coat. Again, my old camera does not do this polish any favors. This polish is the PERFECT gold. It does have a slight holo effect, but my camera did not pick that up. If you do not have this on your wishlist, please add it! In person, it looks like a light gold polish with white/silver non-sparkly flakes with a slight holo effect. It is quite amazing--very unique. I wish I had my good camera to capture that. Please do a google image search!
Ugh, I hate the next two blurry photos, but this is such a great mani. I stamped on the print with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Bronze Ablaze and Bundle Monster stamping plate BM 21. The photo below shows one coat of top coat. (P.S. I stamped BM 21 twice over top of each other to make the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Bronze Ablaze show better. one stamp was not dark enough)
I added something extra with Kleancolor White and Bundle Monster stamping plate BM01

I hope you enjoyed my post!!! And thanks again Theodora for inviting me to share my passion on your blog. You can visit me over at my blog or my Facebook page.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I love this gold polishes, they´re perfect for the coming holidays! :) I can't believe you stamped the image twice over each other, it´s so perfect, I would never be able to do that! The design reminds me of something, but I don't know what :P hmm.. whatever, it is GORGEOUS!
Thank you so much Amy for doing this post for me ;)

Well, that's it! This was the last guest post for now, and I wanna know what you think about it :) Should I do this again sometime or didn't you like it ? I think it´s a great thing to do, if you don't have the time to blog and the readers also get a chance to find new blogs ;) 

Starting Friday you´ll have me back again ;) Til then, take care and thanks for reading! 

4 comments:

  1. I love gold on my nails! =)
    All these golds are gorgeous, I especially love the ozotic one. The stamping is amazing too, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me! You are welcome to my blog when you are back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Amy is great! And this stamping is BEAUTIFUL! So perfect for the holidays. I will have to dig out my stamps and see if I can recreate this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You´re so welcome Amy ;) And thanks for that offer! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello you, yes you! I love reading your comments, so don't be shy, just leave me one ;)